Everything we do as a church and the reason we exist in the first place is because of God’s forgiveness through his son Jesus. More than anything, we would like you to know this forgiveness and that God loves you and has a plan for your life!
Some think that attending regular services, doing and being a good person would earn God’s approval on their lives. The truth is that the only way to a fulfilling life and an eternal future in heaven is through a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- God loves you very much.Because of God’s love for everyone, He desires for you to have an unbroken fellowship with him. (John 3: 16; Ephesians 2: 4-5)
- Recognize that you are a sinner just like everyone else.We are all sinners as we have disobeyed God. Sin is choosing to go your own way and to do your own thing as opposed to being obedient to God. (Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:10)
- Sin separates you from God.Sin forms a barrier that prevents you from entering into unbroken fellowship with God, who is Holy. You can’t have fellowship with God if you are an unclean sinner. You are headed for a Christless eternity that the Bible calls Hell. (Isaiah 59:2; Romans 3: 23)
- You can’t save yourself.A lot of people thing that one can overcome the sin barrier between themselves and God through their own efforts. This is not the case. There is nothing we can do to restore the broken relationship with God. You can’t earn God’s salvation. (Ephesians 2: 8-9); Titus 3:5); Romans 4: 4-5)
- God sent His son Jesus to remove the sin barrier.Your sin is a barrier between you and God. But the Good News is that Jesus has died on the cross for you and I and then rose from the dead to demonstrate His love and that His payment was acceptable to God. By taking the punishment on Himself, Jesus made a way for a relationship with God. (1 Peter 2: 23; Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 10:9)
- You can receive Jesus Christ through faith.Faith is believing in the unseen and trusting in what Jesus has done for you rather than on your own efforts to restore fellowship with God. Faith is complete reliance on Christ to put you in the right relationship with God, thereby allowing Him to live through you. Faith also involves repentance or genuine sorrow for sin and the willingness to turn away from sin. (John 14:6; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10)
- You can trust in Jesus Christ through prayer.Admit to God that you are a sinner. Express sorrow or repentance for your sinfulness. Ask Him to forgive your sins and invite Jesus into your life as your Saviour and Lord. Commit yourself to live for Him.
If you prayed this prayer to receive Christ for the first time, please give us a call us on 02 9263 5464 or email us and let us know! We would love to walk with you on this journey and help you grow! Accepting Jesus Christ is just the beginning of an incredible life-long journey!